Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sticky situation

So I got started with gluing the foam and the vinyl together. First I used the weldwood cement to laminate three layers of foam together to get the thickness I wanted. Then I used my paper templates to cut out the armor pieces in foam.

(sorry its sideways)

Then fit check:

This is a basic idea of what it will look like. Also very basically this is what the gluing process looks like (if you are interested in the process itself, go to Goldy's tutorial page. I have a link to it on the right):

And this is what it will look like!

I forgot to mention! That DAP Weldwood cement stuff is NOXIOUS. I got a massive headache from it even though I have plenty of ventilation. It's hard to avoid smelling it when you are doing teeny tiny cuts and your face is 6" from it, so I highly suggest putting on a respirator! I just grabbed the 3M one with fume cartridges that I use for sculpture...

No comments: