Friday, December 11, 2009

C-c-c-c-cold

Yay cosplay blog! I've been dying to do this and now that the semester is over I can start. Thing is I am only going to have a few weeks to really get anything done because then I am going to Japan, but lets see what I can get done in the mean-time!

I have already successfully completed several cosplays, most worn at Otakon. In order of recency:
- The Major, Motoko Kusanagi of Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex (Otakon 2009)

- Rei Ayanami of Neon Genesis Evangelion (Otakon 2008, 2009)

- Miwako of Paradise Kiss (Otakon 2005)

- (Sailor Moon)
- (Sailor V)

- Hime of Brain Powered (Worn at Big Apple Anime Fest 2003, featured in Animerica in 2003)

- Commissioned for Dr.Girlfriend of the Venture Brothers (Otakon 2009), Tenchi Muyo of Tenchi Muyo! (Otakon 2005)

I have recently taken on some bigger projects that will take alot longer than any other to make, and I thought it would be interesting to start a blog about making them.
When I was at Otakon 2009, I went to the debut screening of Evangelion 1.0 Rebirth, and I caught my first glimpse of Mari Illustrious Makinami. From a 2 second shot I knew I HAD TO BE HER. So I went home an immediately started in on my research and making. I couldn't decide on which of her two plugsuits to make, so...

I am making both! Then... I started watching Gundam 00 and saw Nadleeh and I will be starting a Gundam Girl style of Gundam Nadleeh. My plate is so full I need a new table...

HERE WE GO!

No comments: